Chandra Bhaga silver moon in you is reflected

Chandra Bhaga silver moon in you is reflected
Chandravati temple sculpture

golden sun-rays kiss softly life and the Bells of Joy sing a hymn--Jhalawar-Patan

I do not know what to say now but I will come to you when the muse holds me in her inspiring arms!!

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Durga in Rajasthan--Jhalra-Patan

Only in India that we have God in the form of woman. The Durga is a Goddess who leads in giving life, learning, destroying dark forces, and giving a boon of prosperity. From Rajasthan we used to have uncomfortable news about girl children and women. I hope what i saw recently may be true in a general way for Rajasthan. As I travelled across the state I saw girls of different ages going to school in hordes. I found better roads and parents putting their children on the bus and requesting the conductor to put the children down near their schools. The girl children also looked healthier. Though I know more needs to be done for nutrition of mothers, women, and children. The mid-day meals that I randomly was a witness to had at least very basic nutrion for the children.
Let the State, the opinion makers and people come together to take care of the real Durga and see to it that no child or woman is undernourished only then the blessings of Goddess can be reaped.
The Durga above is so beautiful and has a smile of blessing that is much sweeter than on the more famous painting of Mona Lisa. Look at her soft smile as if your own mother blesses you while she fights a difficult life to protect you. This Durga is from the Sun Temple of Jhalra-Patan town that touches me so deep. Indian art is one of the most Humanistic of religious arts anywhere in the world. This is the reason I felt to put this beautiful Ast-Bhuja (eight-armed) Durga in my book on Indian art and culture--Mona Lisa does not smile anymore. May our
Durgas as mothers and daughters become strong and healthy in health!!

No comments:

Post a Comment