Chandra Bhaga silver moon in you is reflected

Chandra Bhaga silver moon in you is reflected
Chandravati temple sculpture

golden sun-rays kiss softly life and the Bells of Joy sing a hymn--Jhalawar-Patan

I do not know what to say now but I will come to you when the muse holds me in her inspiring arms!!

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oldest Govt Museum in Rajasthan---Jhalawar



As i finished my long date with the Garh Palace and the savoury art therein, i arrived at the gate or pol to the Palace in main bazaar. I stood with my back to the Gate and to my left across the street i found stuck in a unobtrusive corner the Govt Museum Jhalawar. Modest and small it is the oldest in whole of Rajasthan. As I entered I was greeted by Museum Director Mr.Chandresh Kr. Choudhery and his deputy Mr.Ashok Kr. Sharma.After paying the modest sum of Rs.5 I was conducted through the museum. Sculpture from different sites from Jhalawar distt. are displayed. some of the works are exquisite in aesthetics and expression. i found interesting sculptures of Buddha, Kali and a goddess riding a horse. Thanks to the museum staff that in such a small congested space they have managed to display what they can; there are a lot of sculptures that ca'nt be displayed on account of space. but the good news is that soon the Museum will shift to a more spacious and artistic space in the precincts of Garh Palace across the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment